School Art Showcase Details
We are so excited to be able to be hosting an in-person Saskatchewan Art Showcase in 2022! We have missed the interaction and look forward to an outstanding showcase.
The Showcase continues to grow each year by offering a forum for students to display their works of art. The Saskatchewan Art Showcase is a prime feature of the Saskatoon EX and is viewed by approximately 100,000 people.
Prairieland is a community-driven, non profit corporation hose purpose is to serve the needs of the community in agriculture, industry, entertainment, education, sports, and culture. It is through programming, services, and the provision of suitable facilities that Prairieland can serve the communities of a Saskatoon and north central Saskatchewan.
The past year has been challenging, to say the least, but we are back for 2022 and anticipating a bigger and better show than ever. We continue to adhere to government regulations when it comes to events, but we are being optimistic for the 2022 Saskatoon EX. We are counting on your student involvement and look forward to their wonders in creativity to be viewed by all the visitors to this year’s showcase.
We appreciate your interest and will provide you with easy online access, as well as arrange to pick up of your student’s artwork. We look forward to your reply!
Key Dates & Ways To Enter
School Drop Off Deadline: June 15, 2022
Can be dropped off Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm at the Prairieland Admin Office, 503 Ruth Street West, 2nd floor.
Alternate Summer Drop-Off Dates: July 24 & 25, 2022
3:00 – 7:00 pm, Hall A, Prairieland
Mail Entry Deadline: July 25, 2022
Mail entries must be received by Monday, July 25, 2022 and include return postage for return of entries.
Show Dates: August 9-14, 2022
Saskatoon EX, Hall A
Return Date: September 2022
We will return to the school in the new school year.
Or Enter By Mail
Saskatchewan Art Showcase Competition
P.O. Box 6010
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4E4
School Art Information
Who can enter?
Any student from preschool through grade 12 (Only one entry per student will be accepted)
What can you enter?
- No size restrictions on any 2-dimensional art
- 3-dimensional art will have to be freestanding or supports in place to not require additional support provided on site.
- Open to all mediums
How to enter
- Click on the link https://www.saskatoonex.com/school-art-showcase/
- There is no cost to enter, and all contributors will be acknowledged by school and student
- This is a non-judged showcase
What is required for identification on the art?
- First name and last initial
- School name
- Age and grade of student
When do the entries have to be in?
- Drop of at Prairieland Admin office by June 15 or we can pick up your packages by contacting us by phone, email or online form
- We can also accommodate you by having you drop off at our summer drop off dates of July 24 and 25
How will your art be featured?
- It will be listed by school, grade and first name of the artist
- All art will be on artboards with the exception of 3d art which will be in cases or freestanding on tables or stands
- All entries must remain on exhibit for the entire exhibition
When will your art be returned?
- Art will be returned the first week of September
When is the event?
- Aug 9 -14, 2022
What is this year’s theme?
- Wonderful World